Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tag WE are it!

Jessica has tagged us! The rules of the tag are as follows:
1.Post the rules on your blog.
2.Write six random things about yourself.
3.Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.

Since Jessica actually tagged BOTH me and Jamil and in the spirit of Heidi's blog, I will divide these evenly between random things about me and random things about Jamil. For those of you still blind enough to believe Jamil is blameless and oh so nice, I have a Christmas Tree sitting in my living room, 3 months away from next Christmas (which is now this Christmas).

Six random thoughts:
1. Jamil is very sheltered. He has these ideas from when he was a kid that no one bothered to correct and I have had the arduous task to do so. Thank God for Google. Some samples: he used to think the Winter Olympics were the main event (ok he still does although he acknowledges the evidence), he used to think the guys holding "I need ticket signs" outside the stadium really did need tickets and almost gave away some really good ones to them and wouldn't believe they were scalpers and you should ask him one day what the pharmacist does in the back room when you deliver a prescription.
2. I call myself Puerto Rican, but truly, but American definition, I am not. I was born and raised there, but my mom is Cuban and my dad is Dominican so I am actually a 1st generation American.
3. Jamil is also a 1st generation American. But even better, he is actually African American because his parents were born and raised in Africa (which makes them African). The dimwit rejected attending Duke because the threatened to offer him a minority scholarship!! Boys and pride!
4. There is nothing I love more than white rice and cheese in bed. Yep, I can even eat and drink lying down and love me some white rice (non-Uncle Bens, cooked with salt) and a slice or two of American cheese melting on top. I learned this delicacy as a latch-key kid and I learned the lying down skill because for the first 11 years of my life, I ate every meal in that fashion spoiled at the hand of my grandmother, great grandmother and great grandmother's sister. My childhood was pure bliss!
5. Let's just say that Jamil does not like blood.
6. The idea of getting a puppy started with me. Although, by the time we were about to get him, I was halfway to my senses, I started the whole puppy craziness. That said, it started with me trying to get a reaction from Jamil and when he wouldn't react, I had to insist until I got a reaction, only I started to believe it myself. I don't regret it though and Mambo has helped lessen my ubiquitous fear of dogs.

I don't really think many people read this blog. Also, all the people I stalk have been tagged, so that leaves only people I know in person who blog (not many). I am a big rule believer though, so I'll tag 6 people as per the rules: Allison, Sarah, Christine Butcher, Pete (I am certain he doesn't read this but he hasn't been tagged so it satisfies the word of the law) and the Cranes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely delighted to find this. Good job!